Print this Page
The CRC Board
|Officers: The board is lead by 5 elected officers: the President, who runs the monthly board meetings and chairs the Executive Committee; the President-elect, who serves with the intention of becoming President; the Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer.
||Committees: The Board of Trustees annually establishes Committees that focus on specific aspects of the Board’s work. Board members are expected to serve on at least one committee, which generally meet once per month. People who are not board members may also serve on committees.
Vice President-Bruce Harkey
President Elect-Sue Frost
Past President-Mark Wayda
Jennifer Nelson Carney
Bill Owens, LISW-S, ACSW
- The Community Relations Committee shares CRC’s story with places of worship, schools, civic groups and the Clintonville/Beechwold neighborhood. The Committee leads CRC in implementing the Strategic Plan’s Branding Goal.
- The Executive Committee is comprised of the board President, President-elect, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary and immediate Past-President. The Executive Committee sets agendas for the monthly meetings.
- The Facilities and Space Committee systematically evaluates current CRC sites. The Facilities and Space Committee leads the board in implementing the Space Strategic Goal.
- Led by CRC’s Treasurer, the Finance and Audit Committee reviews budgets, performs unofficial audits of the financial activities, oversees short and long-term investments and reviews banking relationships. Shares responsibilities for the financial position goal.
- The Fundraising Committee oversees CRC’s overall fundraising and, in particular, the fundraising done by the board. Shares responsibilities for the financial position goal.
- The Personnel Committee evaluates personnel policies, reviews and establishes salary structure and employee benefit packages and conducts the Executive Director’s performance review. The Personnel Committee leads the board in implementing the Human Resources/Capital Strategic goal.
- The Program Committee reviews CRC’s programs’ goals, funding and services. The Committee leads the boards’ efforts in implementing the Strategic Plan’s Community Needs Assessment Goal.
To apply to become a member of CRC’s Board of Trustees: If you are interested in becoming a member of the Board of Trustees, please complete the Board application and return it to:
Bill Owens, Executive Director
14 West Lakeview Ave
Columbus, OH 43202
You will hear back from the Board within 30 days. CRC’s 21-member Board of Trustees meets monthly at CRC’s offices. It has established a triennial schedule for updating CRC’s governance:
1)CRC’s Strategic Plan (updated in 2008, scheduled to be updated in 2011)
2)By-laws (revisions underway in 2009)
3)Policies (scheduled for 2010.)
Permanent link to this article: http://clintonvillecrc.org/crc/?page_id=34
Switch to our mobile site