- The CRC provides a variety of family services like our free holiday gift shop.
The Family Services efforts at the Clintonville-Beechwold Community Resources Center focus on a range of programs and special efforts for local families and individuals.
From its Choice Food Pantry to counseling to health services and more, the agency attempts to meet neighbors’ needs and help them on the road to sustainability.
More than 4,300 individuals were helped by the agency in 2012, a number which continues to grow. The free produce giveaway has expanded tremendously and a regular pool of volunteers keeps the CRC pantry stocked with day-old baked goods donated by local shops.
A group of volunteers also is breathing new life into the clothing closet at the CRC, and another group is updating the children’s reading area to make it more welcoming and age appropriate for families visiting the agency.
With the recent purchase of the office space at 3222 N. High St., our CRC on Lakeview building will remain home to all of the agency’s material assistance efforts.
At the Lakeview location we will have greatly increased space for food, clothing & housewares to be distributed, which have been distributed on a smaller scale.
We will continue to host community meals (Tuesday and Thursday dinners and Sunday breakfasts) at Lakeview with increased space and the opportunity to utilize some equipment given to us by Children’s Hospital (i.e. steam table).
The Lakeview site also will continue to be available for community groups to host meetings here, free-of-charge.
Choice Food Pantry
- Provides 24,000 pounds of food to nearly 1,500 families a year
- Weekly fresh produce distribution
- Community Gardens
Ohio Benefit Bank
- Assistance accessing public support programs like food stamps, utility assistance and MediCare
- Access to medical care for uninsured through partnerships with Mount Carmel and The Breathing Association
- Supports caregivers with custody of children who cannot be cared for by their parents
- Provides stability for children by keeping them with family members or close friends