The saying “it takes a village to raise a child” has once again been proven by the generosity of the Kids Club families and community supporters.
Recently, Kids Club requested gently used games, toys, books, and art materials to restock Kids Club supplies. The response to this request has been fantastic!
Materials at each Kids Club site has been replenished with enough materials collected for each student’s use. The students’ interest has been rekindled and the materials are being used in very creative ways.
For example, not only are the students making food out of play doh; but also, rocks, boxes, logs, etc. and pretending to “load” the newly donated construction vehicles. This is just one example how the donations have sparked students’ creativity and imagination.
While a simple thank you does not express how grateful we are, Kids Club staff wishes to recognize the continued support of specific donors:
* The families of Kids Club students whose support is steadfast and vital for the success of the Kids Club program.
* Community supporters such as the Clintonville Moms Group who heard about our request and wanted to support a much-needed community program.
* Individual community members such as Barbara Poppe and Bill Faith who purchased new board games for the program, and Ann Poole.
* The staff at DCSC child care center that ensured that materials no longer needed at their center found a second home at Kids Club.
* Clintonville area churches who shared the donation request with their congregations.
Of course, none of this would be possible without the continuous support of Clinton Heights Lutheran Church, Maple Grove UMC, and Columbus Mennonite Church which provides space for the Kids Club program to operate.
Thank you so much for being a part of the village that supports Kids Club!